- Access Database Applications.
- Coordination and management of technical teams and individuals, applications and development.
- Intranet, website, web application and interface development.
- SharePoint and other collaboration tools and methods, including Document Management.
- SQL Server; Business Intelligence; T-SQL.
- Technical Authoring and Writing.
- Technical Governance and Strategy, including Data Security.
- Technical Project Management.
- Technical Team Leadership; global team leadership.
- Visual Basic (VB) and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA): Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Created and iteratively developed a client, candidate, vacancy and suitability-matching database for an established Recruitment Consultancy — its main business tool to drive opportunities.
- Created and iteratively developed a product, stock, sales and labelling database for a high-end Ladies’ Retail Fashion business — its main business tool to control day-to-day transactions.
- Was responsible for adapting and developing a COTS database application solution to the unique project information and collaboration needs of an international Construction practice.
Governance and Strategy
- Guided the implementation of password policy and password storage mechanisms.
- Implemented processes, tools and methods for data obfuscation, data cleansing, security, encryption and archiving.
- Initiated opposition against, and discouraged the implementation of, inappropriate or inadequate tools and methods.
- Led efforts to seek the withdrawal and archive of any superfluous, unused or rarely-used tools and methods, championing the added-value in reassigning wasted and misused resources.
- Led the coordination of activities to implement and configure Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, desired outcome tracking and controlling elements of agile Project Management.
- Managed projects concerned with the global migrations of critical data to comply with international data law, including hands-on responsibility for certain activities.
- Was responsible for key aspects of Data Security, collating data for external auditors, and investigated various data consistency errors.
- Was responsible for the implementation of new tools and methods by analysing the desired outcomes before investigating the options and then championing what was most appropriate.
Intranet, websites and collaboration
- Adapted and developed aspects of a territorial police force’s intranet system.
- Adapted and developed aspects of a government’s National Archives intranet system.
- Designed and iteratively built the first intranet and website for an iconic industrial-design furniture manufacturer.
- Was responsible for all aspects of a cloud-based Document Management System for a Dutch NGO.
- Created and developed reports in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Created and developed SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to handle centralised maintenance and reporting.
- Developed a wide variety of Transact-SQL solutions.
- Developed out-of-hours and on-standby SQL Server support frameworks.
- Guided SQL Server strategic objectives.
- Implemented “sp_Blitz” to undertake health management checks, enhance performance and identify potential problems.
- Implemented comprehensive use of Extended Properties to improve centralised maintenance and control.
- Initiated SQL Server best practices, including the baselining and benchmarking of key tools and methods.
- Investigated the use of SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) to achieve a variety of departmental desired outcomes: SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Led the coordination of a SSIS replacement for legacy SQL Server Replication.
- Managed SQL Server Knowledge Bases and necessary documentation.
- Supported a globally consistent SQL Server estate with full recoverability.
- Supported and oversaw the recovery of entire SQL Server estates following major incidents.
- Supported SQL Server architecture and design planning activities.
- Was responsible for a SQL Server estate of almost 400 known Instances, over 8,000 known databases and over 7,500 known Principals, plus similar numbers of unknowns.
- Was responsible for coordinating SQL Server databases between organisations and domains.
- Was responsible for SQL Server Central Maintenance and other decentralised maintenance.
- Was responsible for SQL Server security management and audits, license management, consolidation and centralisation, Capacity Management and Change Management.
Technical Team Lead
- Championing the implementation of new tools and methods, practices and behaviours.
- Coaching, mentoring, training and engaging with teams and individuals as an effective alternative to command and control practices and behaviours.
- Defining the operating models, controls and processes in cooperation with the teams and individuals to whom they will apply.
- Empowering teams and individuals to self-organise and continually improve as a ‘servant-leader’ who removes impediments, interruptions and other noise affecting task execution and delivery.
- Encouraging continuous process improvement in a blame-free culture of experimentation and learning from mistakes.
- Engaging with teams and individuals to both assist in visualising change and transformation, and to obtain input, buy-in, motivation and alignment.
- Facilitating efficient and effective communication and interaction between teams and individuals, either remotely or face-to-face.
- Running structured and effective meetings and workshops successfully, often as an independent, unbiased facilitator.
<<About Us | Achievements | Skills | Words and Literacy>>