Skills: Judgement and Decision-making
- Abandoning constraints and inflexibilities that deter continuous transformation and the capability to quickly and easily respond and adapt to change.
- Advocating the potential benefits in seemingly illogical suggestions or directives that are dismissed, and highlighting concerns and possible disbenefits with those seeming logical.
- Disregarding hearsay, conjecture or premature conclusions that lack sufficient evidence or clarity when collating and processing important data or information that aids decision-making.
- Distinguishing between symptoms, superficial causes and significant causes when advocating against short-term workarounds and unsuitable responses.
- Mandating that a “why” justification always accompanies a suggestion or directive’s “what” and “how”, increasing its chance of success by engaging and motivating teams and individuals.
- Overseeing existing tools and methods, standards, processes and procedures to recognise, identify and respond to inspired opportunities for radical, revolutionary or pioneering change.
- Recognising that individual layers within a tool or method evolve and operate at their own rhythm and pace, acknowledging that there is often no one-size-fits all approach or response.
- Contributing to portfolio strategy management and achieving the dual desired outcome of allocating limited resources cost-effectively whilst successfully controlling risk and dependency.
- Coordinating the efficient operation and update of portfolio management frameworks, tools and methods.
- Maintaining an inventory of assets and their attributes, including their age and suitability, operational cost versus value and benefit, interface dependencies, lifecycle status and suchlike.
- Monitoring the evolution of a portfolio to ensure it remains aligned with desired operational and strategic outcomes, and to balance or optimise any shortfalls and excesses.
- Visualising the “helicopter view” of a portfolio to provide advice and support, to identify constraints, to respond adequately to challenges, and to exploit opportunities for improvement.
Achievements: Judgement and Decision-making>>
<<Innovation, Creativity and Disruption | Negotiation and Change>>