Skills: Complex Problem Solving
- Capturing, assessing and analysing comparable, divergent or conflicting options to choose the most suitable response.
- Experimenting with measured risk to identify optimal and enduring responses, recognising that each response may cause unrelated problems or failures elsewhere.
- Identifying universal, enduring responses that defuse both localised and global challenges.
- Illuminating the blind-spots — the doubts, uncertainties and concerns — that prevent successful change or improvement.
- Solving complex or challenging problems through 5-why iteration, increasing confidence in the identification of an undisputable root-cause and suitable counter-measure response.
Antifragility and Emergent Behaviour
- Avoiding an overreliance on inadequate workarounds and short-term fixes (indicative of indifference) that result in an operational debt to be repaid-in-full later.
- Exploiting misfortunate and chaos as an opportunity to gain momentum and learn, to strengthen and consolidate, to innovate and develop.
- Mentoring teams and individuals to be autonomous and self-manage, to make decentralised decisions within established boundaries, and to become resilient and antifragile.
- Reacting swiftly and decisively to the potential improvement or enhancement opportunities in every defect, problem or failure.
- Refocusing attention on what does not work to prevent it from being ignored in favour of what does work, to prevent it from being overshadowed by success elsewhere.
- Remaining resolutely focused on long-term success, despite short-term pain.
- Repairing something before it is broken, and medicating what is healthy before it gets sick.
Achievements: Complex Problem Solving>>
<<Cognitive Flexibility | Coordinating with Others>>