Achievements: Coordinating with Others
- Improved coordination between teams and individuals by motivating ambition, advocating self-reliance and empowering initiatives that built and nurtured better relationships.
- Improved inter-team and cross-functional interaction, specifically between teams having a dissimilar purpose, such as business-as-usual (BAU) and change.
- Improved relationships and organisational cohesion by creating cross-functional RASCI matrices that clarified and defined roles and responsibilities.
- Managed the coordination and efficiency-by-autonomy of departmental and team operations during unprecedented and critical challenges, such as major organisational failures.
- Was responsible for organising, steering and overseeing frequent departmental and team meetings, sessions, forums and stand-ups; acting as chair, presenter, reviewer or administrator.
Communication and Miscommunication
- (see Words and Literacy)
- Improved teamwork, interaction and global communication with unified and shared collaborative tools (calendars, tasks, contacts, wikis, blogs, discussion boards and other repositories).
- Initiated improvements to global video-conferencing capability as an alternative to frequent long-haul travel.
- Investigated overabundances of communication practices, tools and methods to determine which become policy (most favoured and effective) and which to discourage and abandon (unpopular).
- Led departmental communication about organisational policy, ensuring teams and individuals are adequately engaged: informed, trained, capable of responding to policy and involved in feedback.
Skills: Coordinating with Others>>
<<Complex Problem Solving | Critical Thinking>>