Achievements: Critical Thinking
- (see Words and Literacy)
- Guided teams and individuals away from hearsay, unsupported assumption and inadequate inference towards fact-based decision-making.
- Guided teams and individuals in refocusing and speculating about what lies hidden beyond the obvious, or what significance may have been overlooked.
- Improved the quality of meetings and thinking through adoption of the Six Thinking Hats method.
- Led the empowerment of individuals to apply autonomous clear, reasoned and logical thinking (plus creativity and experimentation) ahead of strict adherence to direction.
- Was responsible for improving departmental, team and individual understanding by focusing on alternatives to adversarial, argumentative and “spaghetti” thinking.
- Investigated ideas, proposals, plans and policy for flaws, weaknesses, inflexibility or inconsistencies, applying logical and rational reasoning to raise solid and unbiased concerns.
- Represented the voice of Customers, Processes and Employees (VoC, VoP and VoE) as a dispassionate and discerning critic and thinker, offering disruptive or constructive feedback.
- Was responsible for resolutely halting unapproved change or inadequate implementations that may have compromised business-as-usual (BAU) operations or posed a security risk.
Skills: Critical Thinking>>
<<Coordinating with Others | Customer Focus>>